Fibre Service Terms
Urban UFB & Rural Residential or Business Fibre
- Static IP address $10 per month, available on all plans
- No-Cap plan Sharing Policy No Cap Plans are unable to be used for sharing, single dwelling only, no BYOD routers available. Customers with dairy sheds or on property business locations are able to share the connection for $25 per month per location (maximum 4) - Note the wireless network must be managed by UBB. No living quarters are to be included in shared network. ALL habitable dwellings must have a single service connection applied. Connections found to be sharing No Cap services are in breach of our terms, if found dwellings will be charged at the applicable overage rate for data used each month.
- Fair Usage Policy Applies to excessive use of No Cap data services, traffic management may include peak time throttling or service degradation.
- Fibre provider installation pricing is determined by the Fibre network connected to. Rural services are quoted by EA Networks or Chorus, Urban UFB is standard offers depending on whether on EA Networks, Chorus or Enable. Our team will advise. Installation will including ONT or IMG, fibre and to road fibre run.
- Discounted monthly rental applies to contract connections with BYOD or existing customer equipment only, self managed, no remote management is included
- Speeds are not guaranteed for any connection unless SLA CIR services are purchased, speeds advertised are up to maximum speed, time of day, load and factors such as Wi-Fi may determine throughput levels received. Maximum speed service levels are to UBB routers WAN Ethernet port. Wi-FI is unable to be used to determine or verify speed levels due to unknown factors including but not limited to in home interference.
- Surge protection must be present on all connections for our ISP warranty to apply. We recommend Fibre connections have basic surge protection. Due to rural power conditions standard manufacturers warranty applies which does not cover surge damage UPS battery backup and surge protectors are available.
- Faults & ISP Warranty - Service demarcation is the Fibre IMG / ONT on BYOD and WAN ethernet port on our UBB router. UBB provided routers are under standard 12 month manufacturers warranty. Routers must be returned to Ultimate Broadband to send to supplier to verify if under warranty. In the case of a replacement router being sent out the replacement charge plus freight will be charged to your account. Once the faulty router is returned and verified under warranty your account will be credited minus the shipping charge. If router is not covered by warranty all charges on account will remain. Fibre services incur a minimum visit fee of $95 per hour for any onsite work. We offer a 3 working day service restoration, travel charges may apply. Parts and labour may apply.
- Wi-Fi is available on our basic and advanced router options provided with your connection (excludes 10 port managed router). Wi-Fi is a non guaranteed, best effort connectivity medium for your home and is very much limited by the environment it is installed in. Media devices such as TV's gaming systems should have a wire ethernet connection best performance. RF from other devices including printers, mobile boosters, Wi-Fi repeaters, other Wi-Fi access points, wireless sound systems or other RF producing devices will impact on your Wi-Fi connection. UBB now provides Dual band 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz capable routers, this enables access to two Wi-Fi broadcasts. 2.4Ghz is prone to interference, 5Ghz has limited range. It is recommended to use both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi if you device supports it. Note for most homes and offices, more than one Wi-Fi access point is required for coverage. UBB does not guarantee Wi-Fi coverage or connectivity to all parts of your home or office with our provided single Wi-Fi access point/ router. A Wi-Fi scope is recommended to design the right Wi-Fi system for your home or office, charges apply.
- Service Plan changes, Existing customers out of contract may move to our new plans at any stage. Customers in the last 12 months of a 24 month term or last 6 months of a 12 month term may move to the new plans without a contract extension. Customer with more than 12 months to go in their contract on a 24 month term or more than 6 months to go in a 12 month contract can upgrade to the new plans with a 6 month contract extension .
- BYOD for existing customers Existing customers out of contract may upgrade their contracts for 12 months and receive the BYOD discount and retain their existing hardware. BYOD discounts apply only to new or out of contract connections
- Service Resigns & upgrades Existing customers out of contract can upgrade to new hardware & our latest plans at anytime. Customers with less than 6 months to go in contract can resign for a new 12 or 24 month and hardware package. Customers with 6-12 months to go in their contract may upgrade to a new 12 or 24 month term and hardware package with an extension of 6 months to their contract. Customers in their first 12 months of contract on a 24 month term are not entitled to hardware upgrade packages.
- Move of address customers may move address with standard disconnection and re installation charges applying as per the Fibre network providers rules. Please confirm with our team.
- Disconnections out contract require 30 days written notice for disconnection
- Disconnections in contract require 30 days written notice for disconnection. A service cancellation fee of $100 applies to all in contract connections. For all in contract disconnections the customer will be charged early termination fees from the Fibre network (Chorus/Enable/EA Networks) provider. This fee is the based on the service level plan fee multiplied by the number of months left in the contract. This is a discounted rate. Where the Fibre network provider waives early termination fees no fees will be charged.
- Tech Visit is available for a flat fee of $95 per hour, this provides installation of the fibre router and configuration in your home. Note this is a per hour fee and designed to ensure your fibre router is installed correctly and any VoIP or other devices plugged in. In new homes you may request a Wi-Fi scope at the same time, the technician will assess for Wi-Fi enhancement and our sales team will confirm a quote for any future work.
- Travel may apply to tech installations and visits with a fixed and per KM rate applying
- Our standard terms and conditions apply see T & C document here